Meet JD Longwell
I have always enjoyed positively interacting with people and communities. My first real experience with coaching, mediation and group facilitation was when I was a Peace Corps Volunteer working with small farmer cooperatives in Belize, Central America. Operating in a different cultural and linguistic environment taught me valuable lessons in deep listening and clear communication. Although my education and career eventually led me to the corporate world, I was able to utilize those same skills with colleagues, teams, management and clients. When I started my own company in 2004 and my schedule became more flexible, I pursued various workshops, classes and other opportunities that eventually led me to professional mediation and coaching.
In addition to my collaboration with Patty LaTaille and Keeping The Peace Mediation Services, I provide individual coaching on personal goals, work/career, conflict management and resolution, relationships, effective parenting, addictions, personal accountability, mature masculinity, elderhood and the multitude of challenges facing men and women in the 21st Century. I am also a lead facilitator with Full Circle Restorative Justice and have taught Mindfulness Meditation at the Chaffee County Detention Center in Salida, Colorado.
Education and Training:
- Module 1: Integral Coaching Certification Program (5-months) - Integral Coaching Canada (April 2017)
- Integral Facilitation Certification (9-months) – Ten Directions (June 2016)
- Divorce Mediation: Theory & Practice (24-hours) – Phoenix Strategies, Inc. (2015)
- Conflict Coaching: A Three-Day Basic Training – Common Ground Mediation & Coaching (2015)
- Mediation: Theory & Practice (40-hours) – Phoenix Strategies, Inc. (2015)
- Restorative Justice Principles: I & II – The Conflict Center (2014-2015)
- Voice Dialogue Facilitator Training: Levels I & II – J.Tamar Stone (2010-2011)
- Process Facilitation: I, II & III – ManKind Project (2009-2010)
- Science of Mind Practitioner Training – Mile Hi Church (2008-2009)
- Embracing Differences-Multicultural Workshop (2007)
- Multicultural Leadership – ManKind Project (2006)
- MS-Agricultural Economics-Colorado State University (1980)